The strategic objective of the MANUNET call for proposals is to foster the competitiveness of Europe’s Manufacturing Industry by co-funding manufacturing research projects performed by enterprises (preferably SMEs) and their strategic partners.
The funding objectives of the call are transnational application oriented and high risk R&D projects related to Manufacturing. The project proposals must clearly demonstrate:
- Transnational, collaborative R&D with a significant degree of innovation and scientific and technical risk
- Market orientation
- Application and practical use of manufacturing technologies
- Expertise of the project partners in their respective fields of competence
- Added value through transnational cooperation
- Scale of impact and market positioning of the applicant
The MANUNET call includes all fields in Manufacturing, structured in the following topics:
- Information and communication technologies for manufacturing including industrial robotics
- Environmental and energy technologies
- Knowledge-based engineering technologies (computer-aided engineering and design, automated manufacturing, product lifetime management, etc.)
- Adaptive manufacturing technologies: processes for removing, joining, adding, forming, consolidating, assembling
- Other technologies/products related to the manufacturing field
However, the respective regional/national thematic programme focus should be taken into account.